Platinum100 Firmware Update Procedure
If you need assistance with the update procedure, we are available 24/7 at 800-323-5608.
The update requires:
USB Male to USB Mini Data Cable – Available on Amazon
PC Windows10 or Higher
- Download and install: K40 Dash FW Update Tool v1.02
- After downloading and installing the firmware update tool, you will have a K40 shortcut on your desktop.
- Download and extract the firmware version .bin file and save it to your desktop.
- Open the “K40 Dash FW Update Tool.”
- Plug the USB Male end of the cable into your computer, plug the USB Mini end into your Platinum100.
- The FW Update Tool will acknowledge a connection with your Platinum100 by displaying “Device detected!” in the upper left-hand quadrant of the screen, and your current firmware version will be shown in the “Product FW Version” window below.
- Click “Open” in the upper right-hand quadrant of the screen.
- Double click on the .bin file you saved to your desktop. This will insert the .bin file into the updater.
- Click “Start FW Update” in the lower right-hand quadrant of the screen. Let the Platinum100 update. When complete, a pop-up will appear that says “Update completed!”
- Click “OK.”
- You can now see the updated Firmware Version on the left-hand quadrant of the screen.
- The update is now complete, you can unplug the data cable, and begin using your newly updated Platinum100.
- no comments
Comments are closed.