What’s The Best Radar Detector For You?
To narrow down what might be the best radar detector for you, consider the following:
- Where do you drive?
- What kind of vehicle do you drive?
- How many miles do you drive?
- Do you drive more locally or for longer distances?
- Do you intentionally speed or find yourself accidentally over the limit?
- Do you drive primarily on interstates and highways or more rural roads?
- What’s your budget?
- Are you looking for something portable that you can move from vehicle to vehicle? Or would you prefer something that is installed?
These are the questions a K40 Consultant asks a potential customer to determine the best radar detector solution for them and the proper customizable settings.
There are many factors to consider when you are looking for the “best” radar detector. The best radar detector for one driver may not be the best for another. Whether you’re an enthusiast or an everyday driver who doesn’t want the hassle and expense that comes from getting a speeding ticket, you have choices.
In looking for a radar detector, you should consider the following:
The more significant the sensitivity of the radar detector, the more signals it will report and from greater distances.
Our Platinum Series radar detectors use LNA (Low Noise Amplifier) technology to boost signals which gives you optimum range.
This is the filtering technology of a radar detector. It allows the radar detector to receive and reject radar signals that do not precisely match police radar frequencies.
K40 radar detectors minimize false alerts and allow you to customize which police radar band frequencies it is scanning for.
K40 engineers balanced sensitivity and selectivity into K40 products, giving the driver time to slow down to avoid a speeding ticket while minimizing false alerts.
Built into every K40 Electronics radar detector is KBF or K-Band Filter. KBF features advanced signal processing that automatically evaluates and ignores signals from vehicles on the road that are equipped with radar-based safety features.
K40’s built-in K-Band Filtering is automatically activated when the system is turned on. There’s nothing to turn on or configure. More importantly, this filtering technology does not reduce detection range or performance.
All K40 radar detectors have a FILTER button. With the FILTER button, you can select from the following settings to further customize your radar detectors selectivity:
- HIGHWAY – Maximum range and sensitivity on X, K, and Ka-band police radar signals. For highway travel or in any area in which you are unfamiliar with the types of radar used.
- CITY – Decreased range and sensitivity on X, K, and Ka-band radar signals. Use when traveling in an urban area with minimal non-police radar signals.
- FILTER – X-band off. Reduced range and sensitivity on K and Ka-band radar signals. Use when traveling in a congested traffic area with a high concentration of non-police radar signals.
- AUTO – Adjusts range and sensitivity of police radar bands based on the vehicle’s speed—less sensitivity in low-speed situations and more range and sensitivity in higher speed situations.
Today’s top radar detectors use GPS technology which allows for speed, time, and location features.
K40 GPS Technology:
- QUIET RIDE – Choose a speed and silence all alerts unless you are traveling above your chosen speed. This keeps the radar detector quiet in instances where you are not in danger of receiving a speeding ticket. You will still receive visual alerts during a police radar encounter.
- MARK TO MUTE – This function lets you mute any stationary radar band/laser alert from a non-police source in a specific GPS location.
- MARK TO ALERT – This feature allows you to save specific GPS alert locations to create a personal database of areas where increased awareness is desired.
Also available on K40’s Platinum100 portable radar and laser detector is the ability to display the vehicle’s current speed and the compass direction.
Red-light and Speed Camera Database:
Some drivers find value in a pre-installed database that requires updates from the manufacturer as the source for their red-light and speed camera information.
K40 Red-light and Speed Camera Database:
K40 radar detectors let each driver build their database based on where they drive using the MARK TO ALERT feature.
K40 also recommends installing an existing database of red-light cameras and stationary speed cameras available at no charge through an app called WAZE, owned by Google.
If reliability is important to you, make sure that you buy a radar detector from an established company with a history and reputation of creating a solid product with a solid guarantee.
We triple-test all our products, resulting in a .05% warranty rate. K40 guarantees that all of our products are free from any defects for one year from the date of purchase.
K40 was also the first manufacturer to stand behind its products with a one-year ticket-free guarantee. If you receive a speeding ticket within the first year of ownership, K40 will reimburse you for the final court costs of the speeding ticket. The final cost can include driving school to keep the points off your record. There is no limit to the amount of the ticket or how many tickets K40 will reimburse you for. K40 also offers you the option to extend that guarantee for an additional two years for a total of three years.
The best radar detector should be updatable for software advances and future technologies.
All the top radar detectors include this functionality, including K40.
Customer Service And Support:
Perhaps the best radar detector for you includes service and support from the manufacturer; if you would like to know that you can reach someone with your questions as they happen, check out the customer service available for your radar detector.
K40 Customer Service And Support:
K40 has tenured K40 Consultants available at 800-323-5608, 24/7/365 to answer your questions, help you understand your radar detectors settings, and assist you in customizing them for your specific driving style and location, and vehicle.
The best radar detector is the one you have confidence in, knowing that it will keep you ticket-free for years to come. There are many brands and price points available, and the top-tier detectors are all great.
Ask your friends, ask your retailer, ask your car dealership, do your research, then choose the BEST RADAR DETECTOR for you.
Comments are closed.