K40 Platinum200 – Single Receiver Protection
Choose the right amount of radar protection for you and your vehicle.
The NEW Platinum200 Single Receiver Police Radar Detection System.
It’s time to expect more from your radar detector and the company behind it. Your safety is the first thing we engineer into all of our products: No screen to distract you, no fumbling for controls. K40 puts control right at your fingertips, right where you want it.
In addition to utilizing K40’s new LNA (Low Noise Amplifier) radar receiver technology, for greater range and sensitivity this redesigned system gives you more customizable options than ever for your vehicle, your unique driving style, and environment. The future is now and K40’s newest technology makes this radar system the most reliable system you can buy, backed by a company that truly cares about your satisfaction.
You’re never alone when you drive with K40; our professional consultants are available to assist you 24/7 at 800-323-5608. Our products and services are second to none.
Drive safe. Drive Protected. Drive with K40.
Features designed with you and your vehicle in mind. Giving you the ultimate in custom installed speeding ticket protection and putting you in control of where and when you hear police radar and laser alerts. With K40, you’re ready to drive without limits as soon as the products are installed. All of our products are pre-programmed for optimal protection for most drivers, with the ability to customize to your exact driving preferences. Give us a call at 800-323-5608 and we would be happy to explain all your options!
The Latest Technology for Long Range Protection – The Platinum200 features evolutionary enhancements which inspire confidence that you are protected by the very best speeding ticket protection system available today.
- All new LNA (Low Noise Amplifier) radar receiver technology that increases sensitivity and range.
- A more powerful CPU for a more responsive system and greater customization capabilities.
- Three I/O ports for current integration and future system expansion.
OEM-like Custom Installation – The Platinum200 retains the original factory appearance of your vehicle’s interior. A wireless remote control (or optional hard-wired Expert Control) along with strategically installed LED hidden in your dash and a hidden speaker make this system undetectable. You only know it’s there when you need it. RDD (radar detector detector) protection included so even the police won’t know you’re driving with a “ticket-free” co-pilot.
GPS Features – The Platinum200 offers you full customizable GPS technology features such as:
- Mark to Mute – Mute audible warnings of false, non-police radar locations you regularly travel past with a simple push of the MM button on your remote control.
- Mark to Alert – Mark locations to alert such as dangerous intersections, speed traps, school zones, and red-light cameras by pressing the MA button.
- Speed Monitor – Track your speed without taking your eyes off the road and be alerted if you exceed your pre-selected speed.
- Quiet Ride – Mute all alerts under a pre-selected speed. Eliminates alerts when you are driving at or near the posted speed limit (Default setting is 20 mph).
- Auto Filter – Sensitivity automatically adjusts to the optimum setting based on your vehicle’s speed. This “set it and forget it” option means you always have just the right amount of protection. Less sensitivity at lower speeds means less false alerts, and increased sensitivity at higher speeds means more time to slow down and avoid that ticket.
Advanced Filtering – The Platinum200 is packed with advanced filtering technology to make it the quietest and most dependable radar and laser defense system available today.
- K-Band Filter – Automatically rejects false alerts from radar-based safety features like Collision Avoidance and Lane Departure Warning from other vehicles (including your own).
- Traffic Sensor Filter – Rejects alerts from traffic flow sensors usually encountered during highway driving.
- Ka-Band Filter – Enables filtration of non-police Ka-Band radar signals, e.g. other radar detectors and satellite broadcast bands.
Radar Band Selectivity – The Platinum200 now offers you the choice to choose specific band frequency ranges that you wish to be alerted to. Make the drive even quieter by honing in on specific frequency ranges used only by a police officer’s radar gun.
- K-Band Narrow/Wide/Extended – Allows you to customize the frequency range of K-Band radar signals your system scans and alerts for.
- Ka-Band Narrow/Wide – Allows you to customize the frequency range of Ka-Band radar signals your system scans and alerts for.
Integration-ready Custom-installed Radar Detector – The Platinum200 can integrate with ADS Maestro RR interface and select Kenwood/JVC® radios to provide a visual and touch on-screen experience through your infotainment display.
*Click HERE for compatible Kenwood/JVC radio models
Optional K40 Laser Defuser® Protection – Become invisible to police laser guns. The Platinum200, combined with the combat power of Laser Defuser transponders, delivers the ultimate in bumper-to-bumper speeding ticket protection.
Product subject to one or more of the following patents:
- 7,298,248 B2
- Other patents pending.
Detects and alerts to every FCC approved North American police radar frequencies.
|Operating Frequencies||10.500 – 10.550 GHz (X-Band)
23.950 – 24.285 GHz (K-Band)
33.400 – 36.000 GHz (Ka-Band)
|Power Requirements||10.0 – 16.0 Volts DC negative ground
500 mA typical standby
|Remote Control||CR2032 Cell Battery|
3.07 in L x 1.4 in W x.47 in H
|Optional Expert Control Unit||1.76 in L x 0.76 in W x 0.35 in H w/attached 8′ cable|
|Weight||Total system 2.0 lbs|
|Temperature Range||-40° – +165° Fahrenheit|
|Level / Mode||Sensitivity||Recommended Use|
|1. Highway (factory default setting)||Detects all types of North American approved police radar at maximum range and sensitivity.||For highway travel or in any area in which you are unfamiliar with the types of radar used.|
|2. City||The X-Band sensitivity is reduced. This is because it is the most common source of non-police radar signals.||When traveling in an urban area with minimal
non-police radar signals.
|3. Filter||X-Band detection is eliminated completely. K and Ka-Band sensitivity is reduced by 50%.||Use this mode when traveling in congested traffic areas with a high concentration of non-police radar signals.|
|4. Auto Filter||0-45 mph – “Filter” setting sensitivity (see above).
46-55 mph – “City” setting sensitivity (see above).
56 mph+ – “Highway” setting Sensitivity (see above).
|Allows for less sensitivity in low-speed situations and more range and sensitivity in higher-speed situations.|
|•Voice Type – “Female Voice”||•Radar – “Radar On”|
|•Audible Voice -“Voice On”||•X-Band – “X-Band On”|
|•Wake-Up Sequence – “Wake Up Long”||•K-Band – “K-Band On”|
|•Auto Volume – “Auto Volume On”||•Ka-Band -Ka-Band On”|
|•K-Band Selectivity – “K-Wide”||•Optional Laser Defuser – “Laser On”|
|•Ka-Band Selectivity – “Ka-Wide”||•Laser Setting – “Laser Constant Transmit”|
|•Ka-Band Filter – “Ka Filter Off”||•mph/kph – “Miles Per Hour”|
|•Traffic Sensor Filter – “Traffic Sensor Filter Off”||•Factory Reset – “Factory Reset”|
|•MRCD/CT – “MRCD Off” (Late 2020 release)||•Exit – “Exit”|
|•MRCD/CT Filter – “MRCD Filter Off” (Late 2020 Release)|
K40's New Platinum Series Custom Installed Radar Detectors
What is the K40 Consult?
K40 radar and laser system integration with Kenwood
Owners of Ford F-Series and Chevy Silverado pickup trucks are increasingly choosing to add K40 radar detector protection to their rides. Watch as a K40 RL200i Expert system is custom installed in a Ford F450 so it looks like it came built-in from the factory. Keeping this truck free from speeding tickets couldn’t have come at a better time as while driving…Read more
K40 radar detectors have been a name synonymous with quality and workmanship. When a radar detector company can produce a product that has stood the test of time like K40. The choice is simple.
This is my 7th K40 radar detector purchase – nice update to product and good service at Patrick BMW.
I have been using your products for quite a few years and maintain a perfect driving record under your protection. I can drive from Jacksonville, Florida, to New York City in just 12 hours door-to-door, and from Fernandina Beach to Plano (north of Dallas) under 16 hours. I would gladly endorse your products and service if you had the need.
Thank you for your products and services.
Manuals & Brochures
- Platinum360/200 Owner’s Manual
- Platinum360/200 Wiring Diagram – Expert Controller
- Platinum360/200 Wiring Diagram – Remote Control
Not finding what you’re looking for? Search through our complete list of Manuals & Brochures.
Wireless Remote Control or Hardwired, Backlit Remote Control – So you can keep your eyes on the road!
Read more about K40’s BSM Filtering so that you can trust your radar detectors alerts, without giving up your vehicle’s safety features.
Trying to estimate warning time in an actual mile or feet measurement is impossible since true warning time is influenced by many outside variables that have nothing to do with the radar detector itself. For example, the strength of the radar signal being transmitted, the direction the gun is pointed, the length of time it is transmitting, the positioning of the patrol car, and the influence of other objects around you may all affect how your radar detector receives a signal.
For these reasons, don’t expect your detector to achieve the same warning distance every time you encounter police radar. Just expect it to do what you bought it for: give you enough time to slow down and save yourself from receiving a speeding ticket.
Sensitivity refers to a radar detector’s ability to pick up police signals at the greatest distance. Selectivity refers to the detector’s ability to filter out signals that are not true police signals, yet operate on the same frequencies as police radar (i.e. security alarms, garage doors, automatic doors, etc.).
The filtration software built into K40 radar receivers features very unique microelectronic processors that minimize distractions that come from non-police radar transmitters. This helps give you the time you need to react to real potential threats, without the constant “falsing” that makes other detectors difficult to use in today’s challenging driving environments.
Radar detectors are essentially superheterodyne radio receivers. Like any radio, they’re passive devices that listen for microwave signals. The main difference is that they are specially-tuned to detect microwave frequencies transmitted by police radar and laser guns.
If a police car is not equipped with a radar or laser gun, a radar detector cannot possibly locate it. Also, if no signal is transmitted when you pass the police car, there won’t be any signals for your detector to receive.
Police may also use a sinister technique called “Instant-On” or “RF Hold.” During this type of encounter, an officer will wait until a targeted vehicle is within range to send a quick burst of radar to clock its speed. K40 radar detectors are sensitive enough to detect these brief, weak signals, but you have to pay attention and react quickly.
Speed signs – or speed reading boxes – are radar-based. Radar detectors are not radar jammers. Jamming radar is a federal offense and is prohibited by federal law nationwide. These informational-only speed readers, if working properly, should always detect and display your speed.
Speed signs – or speed reading boxes – are not used to issue traffic tickets or citations. As a result, these portable systems are not calibrated regularly and can “drift” away from the FCC-authorized frequencies. Because of this, when passing one of these signs that say Your Speed Is…,” you may or may not receive an alert. These devices are primarily placed in residential areas as a reminder to obey the speed limit.
POP Mode, when turned on, enables the detection of a special band of radar known as “POP.” This is a very short transmission signal that allows the user of a radar gun to capture a quick read of a vehicle’s speed prior to setting the gun to another band. K40 recommends that you keep the POP Radar Mode turned off for two reasons: 1) POP radar does not transmit long enough to gather information needed to issue a speeding ticket, and 2) keeping POP Mode “on” is known to cause far more false alerts than actual alerts.
No, we do not. The sale and use of radar jammers has been banned by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) since 1997. The fines for each violation can reach up to $11,000.
Today, many high-end car manufacturers, such as Mercedes-Benz and BMW, are incorporating special tints into their windshields to protect the interior look and comfort of their cars. Unfortunately, this creates a very real problem for people who own portable radar detectors.
Putting tint of any kind on your windshield that contains metal film is essentially like putting a blanket over your radar detector. While radar microwave signals can still travel through fiberglass, plastic, and glass, they cannot penetrate metal. Some tints are worse than others, but if it contains metal of any kind, it will reduce the performance of any portable radar detector mounted inside the car.
Get a ticket during the first year of ownership, we pay for it, subject to the terms and conditions below. Simply send us a copy of the radar or laser speeding ticket, your proof of payment of the ticket, and your receipt for your K40 purchase (These guarantees apply to the original K40 purchaser and are non-transferable).
We started offering this guarantee in 1983 and we still stand by it today!
Note: When applying for speeding ticket reimbursement, you must send a copy of your proof of purchase (a dated sales receipt) for your K40 Radar / Laser Detector, a copy (not the original) of the speeding ticket, and proof of ticket payment – a copy of the canceled check (both sides), money order, or court receipt. All information provided to K40 will remain confidential.
100% Ownership Guarantee
- 100% Performance Guarantee – If your K40 Radar Detector or Laser Defuser does not outperform any other radar or laser protection system you’ve owned, return it within 30 days for a full product credit.
- 100% One-Year Quality Guarantee – K40 will repair or replace any defective product for one full year from the date of purchase.
- 100% Theft Guarantee – If your custom-installed remote radar detector is ever stolen, we’ll replace it.
To ensure you’re covered by all K40 guarantees, register your product today.
Terms and Conditions
- Ticket-Free Guarantee not valid for tickets issued in school or construction zones, incurred with a DUI or DWI violation, or for tickets received outside the U.S. and Canada.
- All K40 Electronics products carry a one-year “repair or replace” Limited Warranty. This coverage begins on the date of purchase and applies to defects in product materials and workmanship only. Installation, removal, or misuse is not covered.
- In Canada – RD950 and RLS2 portable models only – Excludes any photo radar/laser and/or any tickets issued that do not accumulate demerit points.
- Installed radar detector systems must include the purchase of at least one Laser Defuser in order to be covered for any laser speeding ticket reimbursement.
- Theft claim must include a complete copy of police report indicating details of loss to due theft, proof of purchase from an authorized K40 dealer, and proof of insurance reimbursement if applicable. NOTE: the theft guarantee excludes portable radar detectors.